The nail grooming industry has been introducing a lot of innovations when it comes to nail care products. Acrylic nails have been around for many decades, and it seems to be one of its best-selling offerings. Although acrylics deliver beautiful results, there are a couple of drawbacks to its application:
- Frequent change of acrylic nails can result in nail bed damage. When the nail beds are compromised, it becomes the perfect breeding ground for fungus and bacteria.
- Acrylics looks very artificial or unnatural, especially when applied incorrectly or by a non-skilld individuals.
- Not all women can get acrylic nail application. Due to the fumes and the strong chemicals used in the application process, pregnant women or those with allergic sensitivities are contraindicated to get acrylics.
Now, you don’t have to settle for regular lacquer as well. Although this nail grooming service is the go to for many women, there is another nail care product that promises better results. Gel nail polish is a formula that offers the best of both acrylic nails and lacquer polishes.
- Gel nails feature a quick-dry formula. Take for instance, Nuluv gel nail polishes that dries quickly a few minutes after application. Gel nail starter kits come with UV curing lamps. This device makes it possible for gel nail formulations to dry and harden in three minutes.
- Gel nail polish look more natural than acrylics. Gel nails retain their shine and luster for up to three weeks. Unlike lacquer that loses its gloss a few days after application, gel nails feature deeply-pigmented formula that promises to last until it’s time for removal.
- Gel nail polish is environmentally-friendly as solutions do not contains fumes or strong chemicals. In addition, the UV lamp required to cure gel nails are certified safe.
- Gel nail polish way cheaper than getting acrylic extensions. Getting acrylic nails from skilled nail technicians will cost you hundreds of dollars. On the other hand, gel nails cost a lot less, especially if you opt for at-home nail polish kits. Nuluv for instance sells kits with UV lamps for as low as $99. This means that subsequent spending on nails will be solely for the purchase of gel nail polish only.
As tempting as gel nail polish is, there are also drawbacks to choosing them. However this is the case, the benefits of gel nail polish application simply outweigh that of its flaws.
- If we talk about longevity, gel nail polish does not last as long as acrylic nails.
- The gel nail polish system cannot be done at home without a UV lamp.
- Breaking of gel nails is troublesome in that it can be painful and difficult to fix as well. As gel nail solutions are thicker in consistency, break comes in a shattering effect, thus making it hard to fix on your own. You may have to go to a nail technician to have it looking like new again.